About Us: MLTA Policies
Policies affecting use of this site:
2) Electronic Payment Refund / Cancellation Policy
3) Acceptable Use Policy
4) Copyright Statement
5) Advertising Policies
Online Invoice Payment
If you pay for services directly from MLTA, such as through the "Electronic Invoice Payment" or "AMO Registration Services", we will use the personal information you provide only to process that payment. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
Responses to Email Inquiries
When Visitors or Members send email inquiries to MLTA, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. MLTA does not use the return email address for any other purpose and does not share the return email address with any third party.
Voluntary Customer Surveys
We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage our customers to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary.
Information about members
Certain information, as provided by members, will be made available to the general public and to members. Some information about members may be provided to vendors or advertisers.
It is MLTA's policy not to use or share the personal information about Visitors of Members in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, MLTA may disclose personal information about Visitors or Members, or information regarding your use of the Services or Web sites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy or other user policies; to operate the Services properly; or to protect MLTA and our Members.
Additional Privacy Related Issues
"Cookies" and How MLTA Uses Them
Advertisers and web hosting customers may also use their own cookies. We do not control use of these cookies and expressly disclaim responsibility for information collected through them.
Please remember that any information you may disclose in the MLTA forums, or other public areas of our Web sites or the Internet, becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas.
MLTA's Commitment to Data Security
Services and Web sites we maintain have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party "hackers" from illegally obtaining this information.
How to Access or Modify Your Information
MLTA offers Members the opportunity to access or modify information provided. To access or modify such information, visit the MLTA website or contact Pam Hart at MLTA at 573-760-3264.
MLTA Payment Refund / Cancellation Policy
Cancellation or request for refund of a payment via cash, check, electronically processed credit card or check, is subject to a $15.00 dollar processing charge. If the fees are for services or an event which are already rendered or the request for a refund is made less than 7 days prior to the date of the event, the invoice still stands and may be paid using other means, but no refund will be made. Otherwise the service may be canceled and fully refunded - less the $15.00 fee.
Acceptable Use Policy
MLTA's Acceptable Use Policy ("AUP") is intended to help enhance the use of the Internet by preventing unacceptable use. All users of MLTA's Internet services (the "Services")-those who access some of our Services but do not have accounts ("Visitors"), as well as those who pay a monthly service fee to subscribe to the Services ("Members")-must comply with this AUP. We support the free flow of information and ideas over the Internet and do not actively monitor use of the Services under normal circumstances. Similarly, we do not exercise editorial control over the content of any Web site, electronic mail transmission, news group, or other material created or accessible over or through the Services, except for certain proprietary websites. However, in accordance with our Internet Service Agreement, we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP. MLTA may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong. Your violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of either your access to the Services and/or your MLTA account or other actions as detailed below. This AUP should be read in conjunction with our Internet Service Agreement and other policies.
The following constitute violations of this AUP:
* Illegal use. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that, intentionally or unintentionally, violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or any rules or regulations promulgated thereunder.
* Harm to minors. Using the Services to harm, or attempt to harm, minors in any way.
* Threats. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
* Harassment. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that harasses another.
* Fraudulent activity. Using the Services to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes," "Ponzi schemes," and "chain letters."
* Forgery or impersonation. Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation. Using deliberately misleading headers ("munging" headers) in news postings in order to avoid spam email address collectors is allowed.
* Unsolicited commercial email/Unsolicited bulk email. Using the Services to transmit any unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email. Activities that have the effect of facilitating unsolicited commercial email or unsolicited bulk email whether or not that email is commercial in nature, are prohibited.
* Unauthorized access. Using the Services to access, or to attempt to access, the accounts of others, or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, security measures of MLTA's or another entity's computer software or hardware, electronic communications system, or telecommunications system, whether or not the intrusion results in the corruption or loss of data.
* Copyright or trademark infringement. Using the Services to transmit any material (by email, uploading, posting, or otherwise) that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, and the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software.
* Collection of personal data. Using the Services to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about third parties without their knowledge or consent.
* Reselling the services. Reselling the Services without MLTA's authorization.
* Network disruptions and unfriendly activity. Using the Services for any activity which adversely affects the ability of other people or systems to use MLTA Services or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DoS) attacks against another network host or individual user. Interference with or disruption of other network users, network services or network equipment is prohibited. It is the Member's responsibility to ensure that their network is configured in a secure manner. A Member may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. A Member may not permit their network, through action or inaction, to be configured in such a way that gives a third party the capability to use their network in an illegal or inappropriate manner.
* MLTA Members may not cancel messages other than their own messages. A Member may cancel posts forged in that Member's name. We may cancel any postings which violate this AUP.
MLTA requests that anyone who believes that there is a violation of this AUP direct the information to our Abuse Department, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If available, please provide the following information:
* The IP address used to commit the alleged violation
* The date and time of the alleged violation, including the time zone or offset from GMT
* Evidence of the alleged violation
Email with full header information provides all of the above, as do syslog files. Other situations will require different methods of providing the above information.
MLTA may take any one or more of the following actions in response to complaints:
* issue warnings: written or verbal
* suspend the Member's newsgroup posting privileges
* suspend the Member's account
* terminate the Member's account
* bill the Member for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges
* bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by violations.
All software, graphics, and content used on this site is the property of MLTA, its members, or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
The following policies of the Missouri Land Title Association (the Association) will govern all publications of the Association and the Association web site.
The purpose of these policies is to regulate the circumstances under which the Association will accept advertising for inclusion in its publications and on its website, consistent with the Mission Statement and goals of the Association. The Association reserves the right to regulate the form, manner, content, substance, composition, size and length of any advertising and to cancel or refuse to run any advertising in accordance with the procedures set forth herein. The web site and publications of the Association represent the membership of the Association as a whole and, therefore, the Board of the Association (the Board) has an interest in maintaining the complete integrity of each publication and of the website, consistent with the high ethical and professional standards of the land title industry in Missouri. The Board may delegate its discretionary authority in regard to acceptable advertising to any committee of the Association.
General Standards for Advertising
The Association reserves the right to reject any advertising that, to the "reasonable reader," is false, misleading, defamatory, obscene, or which does not conform to contemporary community standards of good taste or decency, or which violates the laws of the state of Missouri or any other applicable laws. The Association may require any advertiser to provide factual substantiation or legal authorization from the appropriate jurisdiction when requested for any advertising. No advertising will be accepted that violates or may enable another to violate the Association's Code of Ethics.
Advertising of Certain Products
The Association will not knowingly accept advertising for tobacco and alcohol products of any sort, advertising for illegal products or services, advertising for products or services whose movement in interstate commerce is illegal, or advertising relating to lotteries or games of chance. Additionally, the Association will not accept advertising that in any way may jeopardize the mailing status of the publication in which it appears, and reserves the right to apply to the U.S. Postal Service for a ruling on any such matter.
The Association will not accept electioneering advertising by or on behalf of candidates for public office, candidates for elected positions within the Association, or advertising advocating positions on political or social issues.
The Association does not endorse any product or service advertised in its publications or on its website. Advertising which, by its subject matter or content, may imply or lead to an implication of Association endorsement, recommendation, support or approval will be accepted only if, as a condition of acceptance, it includes in the advertisement a disclaimer which states that the product or service is not endorsed, recommended, supported or approved by the Association. Nothing herein shall prohibit a member of the Association from including in any advertisement that fact that such organization or individual is member of the Association, however. In the event a member whose advertising includes such a reference ceases to be a member in good standing at any time during the term of advertising contract, the Association may terminate such advertisement without any obligation to refund any part of the contract price.
Examination of Advertised Products
If an advertisement offers the sale of a product by mail or by the Internet, the Association reserves the right to examine the product a purchaser will receive, but the Association is not obligated to do so. Examination of the product or publication of the advertisement does not constitute a guaranty or warranty of the product, and does not imply the Association's endorsement, recommendation, support or approval of the product.
No advertisement for escrow services, title insurance, real estate records search or examination services, notary services or abstracting will be accepted from any individual, firm or entity that is not a member in good standing of the Association at the time such advertising contract is entered into. "Member in good standing" shall be defined in accordance with the Bylaws of the Association as they may be amended from time to time. In the event such an advertisement is accepted from a member of the association and such member ceases to be a member in good standing at any time during the term of advertising contract, the Association may terminate such advertisement without any obligation to refund any part of the contract price.
The Association reserves the right to request part or full payment before publishing any advertisement. The Board shall set and vary the advertising rates as it sees fit; however, no change in advertising rates during the course of any contract shall require any increased payment, nor shall it result in any refund of any part of the existing contract rate.
Review of Advertising
All advertising submitted for inclusion in any publication or on the website of the Association shall be reviewed by the Board, or by a committee as may be designated by the Board, to determine its conformity with these policies. Any discretionary or subjective determination which must be made in regard to advertising shall be made in the sole and absolute discretion of the Board or empowered committee; provided, however, no such decision shall be based on the race, creed, color, national origin, gender, age or the identity of the principals of the entity or of the individual seeking to advertise in the Association's publications or on its website. The Board or empowered Committee shall make a final determination of whether to accept the advertising.
Missouri Land Title Association
P. O. Box 620
Bonne Terre, MO 63628
MLTA reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify these policies, or our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner